I found this amazing book while away on holiday recently at Umngazi River Bungalows.
I was hooked from the very first chapter.
Margaret Beaufort, becomes the child bride of Edmund Tudor. She finds herself in the middle of a struggle for the throne. She is widowed at an early age and manages to infiltrate the house of York with the ultimate goal of winning her son the throne.
The second book in Philippa Gregorys series. If the second book is any reflection of the first, I definitely look forward to reading more of her intriguing writing.
Definitely an excellent way to wind down after a long week. The Red Queen and a good Glass of Red is how I’m welcoming the weekend.
So this is what the dictionary says about marriage
1. Marriage (also called matrimony or wedlock) is a socially or ritually recognized union or legal contract between spouses that establishes rights and obligations between them, between them and their children, and between them and their in-laws.
2. a combination or mixture of elements.
There are three commonly held beliefs about what constitutes a marriage in the eyes of God:
- The couple is married in the eyes of God when the physical union is consummated through sexual intercourse.
- The couple is married in the eyes of God when the couple is legally married.
- The couple is married in the eyes of God after they have participated in a formal religious wedding ceremony.
Not many people refer to the elements that make a marriage in the definition of marriage.
I see this image on many photographers blogs and Facebook feeds. It makes me wonder, they say a ring is endless, as is Love. It is amazing to notice the sentiment behind this in the fact that a ring, placed under the appropriate lighting conditions, turns into a heart.
Love can not be clearly defined, it is purely a feeling. An intangible feeling, thought or emotion that is for each person as unique as every snowflake that falls from a winter sky.
Love is what solidifies the union of two hearts. A combination or mixture of elements, placed under the appropriate lighting, made to shine.
What a treat. The husband and I were treated to a weekend away at this spectacular resort, located along the Umngazi river mouth in the Eastern Cape. From spectacular views to out of this world food. This place has it all. We were treated like royalty during the entire stay. Never in our lives have we experienced such great hospitality and friendliness. We are already planning our next trip. From sun downer cruises to Horse riding and fishing, this place definitely has it all.. ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!